Follow these steps to start investigating potential college and make the right choice for you!
STEP 1: START A COLLEGE LIST
Set up an account with a free college search engine to help you make choices.
STEP 2: NARROW DOWN YOUR LIST
Here are a few things to think about to start making your decisions:
- Majors offered
- Campus Location
- Campus Size (student population)
- Degrees/Certifications offered
- Diversity of the student body
- Public versus Private Universities
- Campus Atmosphere
- Average high school GPAs of the students admitted
- Average scores of the students admitted
STEP 3: COMPARE EACH SCHOOL USING A ‘PROS’ and ‘CONS’ LIST
Weigh your options. You’ll be spending several years there, make sure it’s a place you’ll love.
Try to visit the campus before making your final decision. You want to choose a school that is a good fit.
STEP 4: HOLD ONTO YOUR LIST and UPDATE IT EVERY YEAR!
As you progress through high school your interests may change, so update your college list and do college research early and often!