Follow these steps to start investigating potential college and make the right choice for you!
STEP 1: START A COLLEGE LIST
Set up an account with a free college search engine to help you make choices.
STEP 2: NARROW DOWN YOUR LIST
Here are a few things to think about to start making your decisions:
- Majors offered
- Campus Location
- Campus Size (student pop.)
- Degrees/Certifications offered
- Diversity of the student body
- Public versus Private Universities
- Campus Atmosphere
- Average high school GPAs of the students admitted
- Average scores of the students admitted
STEP 3: COMPARE EACH SCHOOL USING A ‘PROS’ and ‘CONS’ LIST
- Weigh your options. You’ll be spending several years there, make sure it’s a place you’ll love.
- Try to visit the campus before making your final decision. You want to choose a school that is a good fit.
STEP 4: Make Final Decisions
CONSIDERING PURSUING YOUR POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION ONLINE? HERE'S A LIST OF ONLINE PROGRAMS AT ACCREDITED TEXAS INSTITUTIONS:
UT Online Consortium
Virtual College of Texas (Basic/Core classes)
Finish at UT
Our Lady of the Lake
University of the Incarnate Word
Texas A&M University Commerce
Texas Tech University
Sam Houston State
Stephen F. Austin