REMEDIAL CLASSES are classes that some students must take in order to build up math, reading, or English skills BEFORE they are allowed to take regular college courses.
Why You Don’t Want to take Remedial Classes:
- You can’t take regular college courses until you complete the remedial classes.
- These classes cost the same as college classes but DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS A COLLEGE DEGREE!
FACT: If you graduate on the Recommended Plan, you will take between 1 to 3 remedial classes (1 year to 2 years of college) before taking courses that count towards a degree. That’s EXTRA time you didn’t have to spend in college!
FACT: One class at a public university in Texas costs about $600. You will be spending an EXTRA $600 to $1,800 in remedial classes to graduate.
Remedial classes eat up your TIME and MONEY!
What You Can Do to AVOID Getting Stuck with Remedial Classes:
- Take AP or Dual credit classes
- Take Challenging Courses to develop your skills
- Study for the Accuplacer
SAVE MONEY BY TAKING DUAL CREDIT OR AP CLASSES WHILE STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!!
If you got credit for 4 college classes in high school through DUAL CREDIT OR AP classes, you could save:
- About $2,400 in free classes.
- $600-$1,800 in college fees since you don’t need remedial classes.
Learn More About Remedial Classes HERE!