Why Community College Could Be the Next Step and Best Step for You link to information below.
Community colleges were developed for two major purposes.
REASON 1: Provides basic courses students can transfer towards a Bachelor’s degree.
REASON 2: Prepares students for the job market by offering career training, as well as courses for students who want to upgrade their skills for advancement.
- Is a Certificate or Associate’s Degree the Path for You?
Here are some reasons why you might attend a community college:
- You're Tight on Funds.
- Cost of attendance at community colleges is LESS than state or private colleges/universities. You can complete 2 years of coursework for less and then transfer to a university!
- You Want to Build Your Skills Before Transferring
- If you aren't academically ready, community colleges offer classes and one-on-one tutoring to help you strengthen your basic skills.
- You've been out of School for a While.
- While many four-year colleges and universities have selection criteria for attendance, community colleges are open to everyone.
You Want to Get a Degree Quickly.
- Take courses in specialized areas of study. Many community colleges have certificate programs that take less time to complete.
- You Work or Have Commitments and Need a Flexible Schedule.
- Community colleges offer classes throughout the day and evening, weekends, and online.