Getting a scholarship is ONE way you can get money to pay for college.
Remember, your goal is to reduce the cost of your college bill!
What to do now to get scholarships later:
- Document your extracurricular or summer activities.
- Keep your records in one place.
- Investigate local and national scholarships (San Antonio Education Partnership, Minnie Stevens Piper, Gates Millennium, Coca-Cola).
- Get involved in your community!
Wondering what volunteering or joining a club has to do with scholarships?
- Many scholarships are based on long-term school and community involvement.
- Your volunteer and community efforts show who you are and what you value.
To find volunteer opportunities in your area, check out these sites:
To look for scholarships, here are several online databases: