Your extracurricular activities and hobbies tell colleges things about you such as: whether you can manage your time, maintain a long-term commitment, and what unique qualities you bring to the college.
More Reasons Why You Should GET INVOLVED!
- You’ll work with people who can help you shape your life.
- You’ll explore potential career interests.
- You’ll have a better chance of earning scholarships.
- You’ll make new friends.
- It’s fun!
When choosing extracurricular activities, here are a few tips:
- Colleges want to see commitment and a passion in extracurricular activities.
- Focus on a few key activities and excel in those areas.
- Make sure the activities reflect your individuality!
To find volunteer opportunities in your area, check out these sites: